The primary benefector of the Kek Lok Si Temple in 1906 was none other than Kapitan Chung Keng Quee.
In 1930, the seven storey main pagoda of the temple or the Pagoda of 10,000 Buddhas, was completed. This pagoda combines a Chinese octagonal base with a middle tier of Thai design, and a Burmese crown; reflecting the temple's embrace of both Mahayana and Theravada Buddhism.
In 2002, a 30.2m bronze statue of the Kuan Yin was completed and opened to public. The statue is located on the hillside above the pagoda.
Malam ni aku gagahi juga untuk habiskan entry di penang nie..banyak lagi yang tengah Q entry yang lain..Bercerita pasal membe aku si lani nie..Si lani memang bagus untuk diajaknya berjalan..kaki jalan seperti juga aku..gaya nya seolah2 travel agent yg bertauliah tapi percuma..ha ha itu yang penting..kebanyakkan membe yang aku kenal..bab berjalan nie leceh sikit..letih la..penat la..etc..so aku baik pergi sesorang dan sesiapa yg sekepala sudi menemani aku..sesiapa nak berkenalan dengan si lani nie boleh la menghubungi aku..orgnya lasak dan berbudi pekerti..aku jadi agent cari jodoh pulak ke..boleh la kot?part time
Penang Hill is mainly hilly granitic mass. The hill system is higher towards the northern part with its highest point at Western Hill, at an elevation of 833 m (2,723 ft) above sea level. The most convenient way up to Penang Hill is by means of the Penang Hill Railway, a funicular railway from Air Itam to the top of Flagstaff Hill. Construction of the railway took place between 1906 to 1923, at a cost of 1.5 million Straits dollars. The railway was opened to the public on October 21, 1923. The 2,007 m (1 mile 435 yard) journey takes about half an hour and the train may stop at intermediate stations